Websites for Public Libraries and Literacy Organizations in Oklahoma
Already Have a Website?
Check out the left side menu links for formatting tips, instructions, resources, and support.
Interested in getting a new website? Let us know.
New Wordpress themes in development. Easy-to-maintain website templates that you customize to fit your situation.
What is in it for you:
- Hosted at no cost to you
- Brand new templates created for Wordpress
- Mobile-responsive websites that dynamically resize to any screen
- Update your website wherever you are
- We teach you how to use Wordpress (free training)
- Come fully accessible
- Pro-designed and clean look
- Color options – you get ALOT of choices
Check out the demos:
Contact Melissa at ODL
Five Fun Additions to Make to Your Website
Not sure how to get any of this done? Contact us >
Link to a Themed Set of eBooks
The Soutar Library in Boise city has a list of eBooks that are related to a theme. Each book cover links directly to an eBook in OK Virtual Library. Check out Boise City's eBook list >
Add a Twitter Feed
The Oklahoma Literacy Coalition added a twitter feed to the home page. Take a look at OLC's Twitter stream >
Link to the Edge
Add a GoodReads Widget
The JC Byers library in Cleveland has a goodreads widget. Their book lists are updated through goodreads.com. See their goodreads book picks >
Embed Getty Images
Getty Images is making quality images you can embed on your website available for free. For more - see the post on PetaPixel.
How to Insert Embed Code within Contribute
- Look for the embed symbol and click on it.
- Copy the Code.
- In Contribute – Insert > HTML Snippet > paste the code into the box. Before you say OK, you may need to adjust the dimensions. To size the image down and keep proportion, subtract 100 from both the width and height of the image. Preview in browser to make sure the image looks the way you want it to.
For Apollo Biblionix: Create lists of books or other items that will link directly to the catalog. See examples of how lists can look.